Full Job vacancy title:
Part Time KS1 Class Teacher (Years 1&2) (Maternity Cover).
Fixed Term – One Year
Main Point Scale (Point 4 – 6) £31,778 to £36,961 per annum pro-rata
- Application Form
- Equality and diversity monitoring form (to support application forms)
- Job applicant privacy notice
- Job Description CT Maternity Cover
We are delighted that Coombe Bissett was described as ‘a caring, compassionate and conscientious school where a child has a real opportunity to thrive’ in our very recent (May 2022) Ofsted Report.
We are a welcoming and happy school with children who are well behaved and eager to learn.
We have a super staff team who all work really closely together for the benefit of all pupils.
Our decision making is guided by putting children at the heart of our choices and our actions.
About the role:
First and foremost, we are looking for a highly motivated, effective practitioner to lead our KS1
classroom. You will be mainly class based but with leadership time and ample support to allow you
to fulfil your role effectively.
You should have a passion and vocation for providing our young learners with the best possible
educational and pastoral experience as they move through Key Stage One. It is likely that you will be an experienced and knowledgeable KS1 practitioner, eager to enhance the lives of our children and families.
You will be proactive in your approach to delivering the Key Stage One curriculum to our Class of Year 1&2 children, and willing to support our Christian values.
We welcome visits from potential candidates to our school; we’re very proud of the school, its staff and its children, and would love to share what we have.
Hours of work:
Part Time - Three days per week
Fixed Term - One Year
Find out more and apply:
Application is by standard forms available by e-mailing the School Business Manager, Mrs Allison Brown (email@example.com) or download here (see 'supporting documents' above). Applications to include a letter of application of no more than 2 sides of A4, outlining your suitability
for the role and job profile.
Tuesday 1st November 2022
Friday 4th November 2022
As soon as possible.
What do we look for? Are you someone who:
- Is driven in delivering excellent teaching
- supports others in the teaching and support staff team
- accepts the support of colleagues
- is enthusiastic (with a positive mindset)
- shows initiative in supporting not only the children’s learning but also their emotional well-being
- have excellent communication skills
What do we offer you?
- A fantastic working environment. The team is friendly and supportive – everyone is focused on supporting the children and each other.
- The children are delightful, the parents and community very supportive, and staff very friendly (and supportive & professional – can’t mention that often enough).
- A school that has a great reputation, being again judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in May 2022.
Come and have a look; we would love to show you around our School – just phone (01722) 718 380.
If you can’t visit, please just phone for a conversation and have a look around the website where you will also find the details of how to apply electronically.
Coombe Bissett Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.